The Anti-Counterfeit Authority – ACA (Kenya) has a call for papers as it prepares to gold a 1st International Conference on Intellectual Property Protection and Enforcement (ICIPPE-1).
The conference is a partnership between ACA and other stakeholders in the private sector.
ACA which is a parastatal under the Ministry of Investments, Trade and Industry (Kenya), says the conference will be held in Nairobi, Kenya, from June 13-15, 2023, at the Bomas of Kenya.
The conference will feature diverse approaches to engage attendees, such as research paper presentations, expert talks on relevant issues, and the sharing of testimonials concerning intellectual property rights.
The main objectives of the conference are:
- To share experiences on best practices in combatting intellectual property rights (IPR) infringement and illicit trade;
- To share knowledge about using intellectual property (IP) in economic and social development;
- To facilitate the sharing of knowledge and experiences related to IPR dispute resolution mechanisms;
- To educate the public on the utilization and exploitation of IP in the global market;
- To strengthen partnerships and linkages on IP protection and enforcement; and
- To explore the potential benefits of leveraging intellectual property assets and valuation.
The organizing committee invites abstracts in line with the multi-disciplinary sub-themes indicated herein. Abstracts that cut across more than one sub-theme are encouraged.
Addressing IPR infringement and related forms of illicit trade enforcement to spur a digital-driven economy.
- Best practices in combatting IPR infringement and illicit trade
- IPR dispute resolution mechanism
- Utilization and exploitation of IP in the global market
- Partnerships and linkages on IP protection and enforcement
- IP assets and valuation
- IP enforcement in digital age
- IP protection in the creative industry
- Enforcement strategies for Small & Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs)
- The role of IP in fashion Industry
- Deadline for submission of abstracts: Apr 17, 2023
- Notification of accepted abstracts: Apr 30, 2023
- Registration deadline: May 1, 2023
- Deadline for submission of full papers: May 21, 2023
- The conference will offer the option of both virtual and physical participation, giving attendees the flexibility to join the event in-person or remotely via a digital platform.
- The abstracts should have a maximum of 300 words and should indicate the sub-theme(s) being addressed. For details about the full paper format, visit the web portal below. The abstract and full papers should be emailed to email@example.com
- All submitted papers will be peer-reviewed.
- The conference organizers are considering the possibility of publishing the conference papers in a journal.
- There will be exhibitions at the sidelines of the conference.
- This conference and exhibition is open to individuals, organizations and educational institutions
ACA has promised to provide further details at a later date.