The chosen ones, Raila Odinga and Martha Karua launched their manifesto at the Nyayo National Stadium.
The duo whose coalition Azimio La Umoja – One Kenya Alliance has incorporated a lot of parties were surrounded with the who is who in the Kenyan political scene.
Highlights of the first 100 days:
- Ensure that all the unemployed trained teachers are employed to enhance quality education for our children.
- Introduce a minimum return guarantee framework for farmers.
- Initiate the cash transfer of Ksh 6,000 to the 2 million vulnerable families.
- Support the revival of the tourism sector.
- Propose capital punishment for the offence of poaching, trafficking and possession of Ivory
- Strengthen the role of the national treasury in accordance with article 225 of the constitution.
- Implement the Recognition of Prior Learning certification programme to award certificates to artisans, craftsmen and technicians.
- Zero tolerance of corruption through signing of the anti-corruption charter by all Azimio elected members.
- Expand programs that connect the youth to the digital economy global networks for employment.
- Improve terms of service for KDF personnel and police service
- Establish a livestock insurance scheme backed by an appropriate legal framework.
- Extend health services to hard-to-reach areas through Baba Care program.
Here is the full manifesto: