This article is based on the Twitter thread of BIG TRISKI @TrixieNumba9 obviously not her real name, however he intention is to bring to the light of Kenyans about this practice that some younger generation are embracing in numbers.
Of course, their reasons vary and without further ado or putting forth my opinion, read for yourself the Tweets below:
May 23rd, 2019, I got my Fallopian tubes removed & started my childfree lifestyle journey 😭🎉
It took 6 attempts to get approval.
The 5 male doctors turned me down because I was under 30, childless, single & never experienced a pregnancy
It was very difficult for me emotionally and mentally. I even stopped being sexually active for 450 days because I was on a mission 😭
Dr. Grace Banner spoke w/ me about the cons of the procedure & asked me questions.
I was very knowledgeable and I think that surprised her lmao.
I was approved on April 1st, 2019. I was turning 27 on April 24th & was scheduled for May 23rd, so I could enjoy my bday 😭
Questions I’ve been receiving:
How old are you?
What if you change your mind?
– I won’t
Will you adopt?
What if you meet a nice man?
– I tell men upfront that I’m never having kids, his move
Why don’t you want children?
– They don’t compliment my lifestyle
– I’ve known since I was 16 lol. I had a running joke “ima get my tubes tied before 30” all through HS & look what happened 🙂❤️
– Myself or a nice facility. If you think your kids are obligated to take care of you, pls don’t have them.What if you regret it?
-Only thing I would regret is living a mediocre life tbhDo you want to get married?
– I honestly don’t care what ppl think cause this is my uterus and my life. God gave every woman her own uterus, why are you minding mine?You’re not scared of ending up alone?
– What?, you can end up “alone” even if you have kids lol.
– That’s his L to take cause I’m not changing my mind for him tbhYou ever had an abortion?
– I’ve never been pregnant in my life and I am 28. If I fell ill with the “pregnant” I was def getting an abortion tho 🤷🏾♀️
-Everyone that’s pressuring me with the “just one” rule won’t lift a finger to help me with a baby (I didn’t even want). You’re not going to force me to ruin my life so YOU can feel more comfortable around me
– Childfree black women exist & there is space for everyone but us 🥴. We’re silenced or placed of the back burner 😭
– It’s a taboo topic in the community tbh. We’re told “you’ll change ya mind” & “wait until you meet a nice man”. Why would having a man force me to change my mind?
There are parents that wish they would’ve stayed childfree. They ended up caving & having children just to be miserable.
Very sad to witness..
ALSO READ: Parent Confessions: A THREAD
✨Before I close off the thread✨
It’s very rude to ask a woman “when are you going to have a baby?”. That’s VERY invasive and tacky as hell. I want y’all to stop doing that because you don’t know what they’re going through.